top of page
  • What is the difference between a chiropodist and a podiatrist?
    A chiropodist is trained in the assessment, care, and treatment of diseases and disorders of the foot. Podiatrists are also qualified in the assessment, care, and treatment of foot disorders, but they also have additional training to provide bone surgery. They are both governed under the same regulatory college in Ontario.
  • Do I need a referral to see a chiropodist?
    No, you do not require a doctor's referral to see a chiropodist in Ontario.
  • Are chiropody services covered by OHIP?
    Chiropody Services in Ontario are not covered by OHIP, but are covered by most Third Party Insurance (please check with your insurance provider for details), Extended Health Care Plans & Veterans’ Affairs, and/or can be used for income tax health deduction purposes.
  • When should I see a chiropodist?
    If you are experiencing any foot-related issues such as pain, swelling, or discomfort, it is best to seek out the advice of a chiropodist. A chiropodist specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions affecting the feet and lower limbs. They can help diagnose and treat conditions such as bunions, corns, ingrown toenails, plantar fasciitis, and more. If you are unsure if a particular foot problem requires the attention of a professional, seeking out the advice of a chiropodist is the best way to get a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.
  • What locations do you provide service in?
    Serving all of, but not limited to: Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa, Port Union, GTA, Clarington & Scugog

Have a question? Get in touch!

Thanks for submitting!

Lisa Balkarran assessing patient's foot
bottom of page